April 23, 2020
- Updates to the login process that separate email and password into two screens to prepare for soon-to-come security updates.
- Monitoring system for any cities/counties using local geocoders that will allow us to notify customers of downtime.
- Custom portals now support secondary questions before a location is selected.
April 15, 2020
- Safer and more full-featured support for permits and licenses being “No Longer Required” after answer editing.
- MVP delivery of Payments integration with CityBase.
- Highlighting and actively "deleting" a term in the use code search no longer endlessly loops and now properly allows a second search query.
April 8, 2020
- Applicant UI enhancements for application submission errors. While applications were correctly submitted to staff, the applicant saw some strange behavior when clicking "Next". These errors are fixed.
April 2, 2020
- OpenCounter links that ended with /en used to lead to a 404 error. These links are now correctly redirected.
March 25, 2020
- Admin users assigned to an application will receive an email notifying them of the assignment.
March 11, 2020
- CSV downloads for admins now include complex field types.
- Additional attribute added to Payable Accounts to allow clients more descriptive text.
- Lengthy fields was previously causing issued permits to go off the page - this issue is now fixed.
March 5, 2020
- We used to call everything "permits". We've changed this language to be more generic "requirements", recognizing the diverse array of regulations in our jurisdictions.
- Attachments are now working again for admin-users, and removal working again for applicants.
Feb 24, 2020
- Improved support for large parcel files
Feb 19, 2020
- Update to Stripe integration based on API changes
Feb 13, 2020
- Admins can now choose to be notified when applications are Issued or Rejected (immediate, daily, weekly).
Jan 29, 2020
- Friendly error page
- /admin crashes in IE 11
Jan 15, 2020
- Default answers for guides: Over time, we've heard requests for specific project-type guides, such as Restaurant Guides, Home Occupation Guides, Cannabis Guides, ADU Guides, etc. We are now able to support guides with default answers, allowing us to build portals for specific purposes. Stay tuned to see new uses of this feature!
- Admin-use only fields are now working for all projects and compatible with versioning.
- Removal of hardcoded references to "Permit" so we can use the same flow for things like "Reservations", "Reviews", or "Licenses".
December 19, 2019
We have had a busy couple of weeks to close out the year. Thanks everyone for getting this all together.
- Fewer questions are asked to calculate permits and fees ("branch favouring")
- Admin applications CSV download includes a column for the issuance date.
- Redesigned the date and time page for special events.
- User-modified event routes were not saving in the special events portal
- Attachments on "admin use only" fields were not working properly
November 25, 2019
- No permits needed? We've now added a bit more text to help applicants understand that their project does not require a permit.
- Online forms that ask applicants to choose a business type from the zoning ordinance can now be set as required.
- When applicants weren't answering a yes/no question, the admin side showed "No", which is not the same. These answers are now updated to show "N/A".
November 13, 2019
- Online forms allowed applicants to proceed even if their address was outside of city bounds. We've reinforced the validation to require applications to be within city/county limits.
- Clearing an address using the "X" on the map page didn't allow users to try additional locations. We've fixed the "X" and now the map page can be well- explored.
- On the dashboard, the chart that showed Type of work only worked for some cities. A fix has been made to allow the chart to present for all accounts.
- On the dashboard, there were two revenue charts that showed different values. The chart with the incorrect value has been removed.
October 16, 2019
- Some permits in OpenCounter are not issued, but only marked as processed. A recent change led to these non-issuable applications not showing up under "New" applications. This has been fixed so staff will again see their entire workload under "New".
- Special Event projects without a route were not loading in the Projects tab. We've changed things so that projects with any location - route or fixed - will load full Project details.
September 26th, 2019
- We've introduced multi-step approvals for applications. Previously you could approve an application once, regardless of how many departments needed to sign off for approval. Now, we can set up multiple departments or individuals to review an application before it's officially marked "Approved".
- In certain places, fields showing dollar amounts would round up to one decimal place, instead of two. We've given that field our two cents, and now those two cents are being displayed everywhere.
- Many small residential projects are allowed by-right, but our over-eager zoning map was sometimes incorrectly requiring special land use permits for these projects. We've fixed this, so now it's clearer that you can replace a boiler without a conditional use permit.